New sketch bag

I actually went and bought two new sketch bags as a solution to a sort of problem I'm having with my old messenger-style bag, which I sketched back in March of last year.
chair and bag
It's big, so I stuff it full of stuff, just in case. Only I never use 99% percent of that stuff. Mostly I just use my pocket moleskine and my Staedtler Pigment Liners, and occasionally my Sakura gel pen or Bogus pad. So I decided to streamline.
new sketch bag
This one is the perfect size for my pocket moleskine, my regular moleskine, some pens, my iPod and nothing else. It's a lot easier on my shoulders, less conspicuous, and just plain easier to keep with me. I'll draw my other, slightly larger map-case-style bag sooner or later.

Comments

  1. I'm going to be a bit of a dork and ask what brand / where you got your new sketchbag from. My guess is it'd fit the bill for a bunch of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendee. Believe it or not, I found it used at an army surplus/outdoors store. It's called a travel portfolio bag. The dimensions are small, about 6 inches by 9 inches. You can buy it online here:

    http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?engine=froogle&productID=7216

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul - Thanks for the info! Looks like a winner and that you'll get good use out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past