Alma Mater

I realize I haven't done many sketches of the university here in town where I work/play, so I took a bike ride on over to campus. MSU (Montana State University to the uninitiated) has scores of '60s and '70s "brutalist" style buildings, which are a lot less fun to look at when you're not drawing them. I sat down on the grass for the first sketch here, and was rudely surprised about halfway through by the school's sprinklers soaking my back. I relocated and continued, but I was more cautious about choosing my spot for the second sketch...

langford and culbertson halls

leon johnson and montana halls, montana state university, bozeman

Comments

  1. Hilarious! I haven't had that experience yet, but I'm sure some day it'll happen. Great post- and by the way, have you happened to run into any of the Hamilton kids there in Bozeman? (Friends of mine who moved there from Poland this summer, with a daughter who wants to take an art class at MSU... )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob--not yet, but I'm on the lookout...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past